Monday, May 24, 2010

Did you hear?

Did you hear about the girl in the tower? With her hair so long and luscious? How about the farmers daughter that spun spools of string to gold? And then there was the one that lost her shoe, ever heard that one? Ya, me either. But it's ok, I'm getting along fine without the stories told to young girls around the world. At least I dont have false hopes of soft golden locks, glass high heels and a "Prince Charming" coming to my rescue. I for one know that I must rescue myself. I know that no strappy, good looking, broad shouldered man-boy is just going to come and sweep me off my feet and take me to his castle on a mountaintop. At least not without an alterior motive. I have the power to love myself without pretending. It may be hard at times but is what I need to aim for.

Did you here about the girl who drowned the whole world with her tears? Ya, I've definetly heard that one. It's a hard road but in the end it will be worth it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment